Followers

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Giving Thanks...

Hi everyone. 
     I hope that you are all having a great weekend.  I had to work today, but once I got home I  was finally able to take a few minutes for myself to make a card or two.  I wanted to make up a few Thanksgiving Day cards as most of the time I tend to go from Halloween to Christmas.  :O) So I pulled out a few things and came up with a couple of cards that I really like.
     This card came about from watching Christina Thomas' YouTube channel.  She is making some videos  for her Christmas Card Series and she came up with one that I just loved and decided that I wanted to make it into a Thanksgiving Day card instead.  Please watch Christina's cards here.  I think you all will agree that she is a very talented crafter.
     Even though my card looks nice and simple I did have a great time pulling out four of my stamp sets and using them all together to make this one card.  I just love it when you can do that.  It always makes me feel like I am being wise in my stamp choices and all the money that I spend on them. lol... Yep, that's what I do!   :O)
     Ok guys I am heading off to bed as I am totally knackered.  lol... Thanks for stopping by.  I will talk at you later.
Hugs Lisa G



 
 
 
 
Trying to show the embossed greeting.
 
 
 
 



Used my Sakura Glaze pen on this to make it stand out
like the embossing on the greeting.


One little Copic was all I used one this whole card.

Supplies:
stamps-Giving Thanks-SSS, Turkey Day, So Thankful & Quinn's ABCs-LF
cs-Classic Cream-Neenah & Canyon Clay-PTI
dp-Year.O.Graphy-Simple Stories (love this 6x6 pad!)
ribbon-Offray
enamel dots-Smile-Cut&Paste-MME
inks-chestnut-AC & Rich Cocoa-Memento
clear embossing powder-stash?
Copic E99
Glaze pen-Sakura

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

Your embossing looks perfect and I love the placement of the little dots. Will have to check out her youtube channel for sure! Oh, and your big bow is awesome!

Sammy said...

Love this! Everything works so well together, you'd never guess you used 4 different sets! x

Tress said...

Beautiful! Love the CAS vibe! Hope you and your family have recovered from your colds!

Amy said...

This card is so pretty! Love the papers that you used and your cards have been making me want to order some sentiments from Simon Says lately... what an enabler you are! :)