Followers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cozy Winter Wishes...

Hello everyone. 
     I sure hope that you are all having a much better week then we are.   Nothing bad going on really,  I have just been so swamped this whole week that I haven't even really sat down at my desk for more than five minutes everyday this whole week.  lol... I miss my DESK!  :O)
     Due to the fact that my crafting time has been exceedingly limited this week I wanted to get in a card to enter into The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday Challenge using Washi Tape.  Well., as I have quite a bit of Washi tape I thought it would be such a fun challenge to make a card for.  lol...  Can you believe (as luck would have it) that  I don't have much in the way of a winter Washi?  However I really wanted to play in this week's challenge so I decided to make some faux Washi for this one.  As you can kind of see I used pieces of my paper pad and cut them into strips then tore them at the end to make them have the feel of Washi.   Even it isn't quite the same I still love how it turned out. 
     I had such a great time coloring Holiday Anya  up and doing a little paper piecing while I was at it.  She is all dressed up with her furry hand muff that has a little bit of sparkle to it  just for the season.  While I was at it I even heat embossed the little greeting on the front of my card as well.  Yes, I have become a little obsessed with the whole process as of late. 
     Well guys it is once again that magical time of day when both the M&Ms as well as Jerry are telling me that I must go to be and get a little shuteye before tomorrow gets here, so I will wish you all a good night at I am hoping that I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs Lisa G




A little Wink of Stella over the sentiment just to pull in
the snow feel to the card.

 Supplies:
stamps-Holiday Anya 3-TGF & holiday sentiment(mini set)-PC
cs-Neenah solor white classic crest & Bazzill
dp-Winter Frost-2012-WRMK
enamel dots-The Sweetest Thing-MME-Thank You Steph!
Spellbinders dies
snowflake die-Cherry Lynn Designs
Liquid Applique-Marvy Uchida
Wink of Stella-clear-Zig
fairy dust glitter-Sugar Shimmer-Clear Snap
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-R20
hair-E50-Y21-Y32-E33-E37
scarf & leotards-BG70-BG72
boots-E27-E29
dress-BG70 as shadow

7 comments:

Tress said...

Fabulous card! Love all the different textures! Her muff looks so warm and comfy!

Chrissy said...

She is so adorable Lisa...fabulous colouring and love her little muff...so precious...sleep tight.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sammy said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! Love the beautifully coloured image, and the faux washi tape is brilliant! I have about a dozen rolls of the stuff, and keep meaning to actually use it, but so far the only thing I seem to have been using it for, is holding my dies in place when they go through the GC! lol.
I shall make it my mission to make a washi tape card some time this week! :-) x

Denice said...

Such pretty and soft colors...so perfecty for lil' miss anya! I should start on my Christmas cards....I really should!
:Dxx
Did you get my email? I'm not sure if it went through as my laptop was in the process of getting a virus. :(

Thanh Vo said...

Remember to take some time for yourself, Lisa! Such a cute card, I love all the elements that you combined. Let it snow indeed, Anya is going to stay warm!

Jo said...

Hi Lisa, loved your "washi", could've fooled me =) Love the card!

Amy said...

I adore this sweet little Anya and she looks gorgeous with the aqua and grey color combo that you paired her up with! And awesome job on that faux washi, I can't believe you didn't have any winter washi in that stash of yours but this card proves you didn't even need it! :)