Followers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Good morning everyone. 
     I really got home so late tonight after work and then buying some groceries to get us through yet another week.  Awwww how I hate Wal-Mart after a long day at work and then all those people! 
However I am a devoted Mom and what can I do the M&Ms do love to eat everyday.  lol...
     Anyway, I am happy to stay up late as I have a very special post for today.  My oldest niece on my side of the family is turning 14 today and I wanted to be the first to wish her a very Happy  Birthday 
      So HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIELA BETH!  Love you.....
Kiela is a very very good soccer player and an all around athlete.  She in fact reminds me a lot of my baby Brother,  her Dad as far as that goes.   Kiela is also the artist that drew the horse pictures on one of my earlier posts this year.  You can check that out here.  If you haven't seen it yet I strongly encourage you to check it out.  She is very talented indeed. 
     I wish I could say that I came  up with this idea for her Birthday card, but yesterday as I was hopping around to a few of my favorite blogs I came across this very cute card that Cristina had created,  so I asked her permission if I could CASE it.  I think my card came out really nice, but I think you will agree that Cristina did a fantastic job with the watercolor look on her card. You can see Cristina's card here.
     Anyway, thanks again Cristina for letting me play with your design.  I do love how it looks. 
Ok guys it's late and I am very tired and I get to head back to work all too early. You all know that my days starts  5:00am so that the kids and I all get to work and school on time.  So I will bid you all a good night. 
Thanks for stopping by and I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G




supplies:
stamp-Happy Everything-LF
cs-Xpress it, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist & Hawaiian Shores-PTI & Bazzill
dies-Ribbon Banner-Spellbinders & Hexagons-MFT
gems & button-stash
computer font-BethscuteHmk bold @22
inks-Versafine-Onyx Black & New Sprout, Summer Sky-Memento Tsukineko


Kiela,
Hope you have the best Birthday every!  Your card is on it's way, I just didn't get to mail it until yesterday afternoon. 
Love you always, Aunt Lisa






6 comments:

Tress said...

Adore this graphic card! The colors are perfect for a young teen!

Denice said...

I love this card...I can see why you had to CASE the original. Soft and sweet...perfect!
:Dxx

Danni said...

Awesome card!!! with great colors and design!

Chrissy said...

Oh! I love this card Lisa, fabulous design, love the colours....yay!!Friday night for me Saturday is on it's way...have a fabulous weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amanda R said...

This is so sophisticated with the hexagons yet the colors are bright and pretty. Hope your niece had a great birthday!

Amy said...

What a fab looking card Lisa, those hexagons up the side are really cool! And the color combo is really pretty too!

Ugh, don't get me started on trips to Walmart after work... it can be a special kind of torture for sure, LOL! Hope you survived the madness. ;)