Followers

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Desinger Candles...

Hello everyone.
     I am dropping this in real quick as I am uber tired and I still wanted to share a couple more of my Christmas projects.  This week has been a super busy one for me, so as you can imagine that means no down time to be crafty.  Gggrrr...  I like my crafty time it keeps me from being a tired, cranky grumper.  :O)  lol....
     At any rate, I did manage to get this little votive candle made for a friend of mine.  She LOVES snowmen and when I was able to pick up this adorable stamp from The Greeting Farm last month (it is an older set and was on sale!) I knew right away what and who I wanted to use it for.  With this technique you can use tissue paper, but as I wanted the colors to stand out a little brighter I used some of my vellum instead and it worked out just great. 
     Ok  guys, I am heading to bed.   I am wishing that tomorrow is a quick, but fun day at work.  I am so ready to get to my vacation with my family.   After tomorrow I only have Saturday and part of Monday to go. Wish me luck that I remain standing.  lmbo... Jerry and the M&Ms all have colds starting up, so it just might be an interesting vacation.  I don't care even if we all sit around in our PJs and a box of Kleenex, as long as we do it together. 
     Have a great day and I will talk at you later.
Hugs, Lisa G








Hard to get a good picture in the dark with just the
candle on, but you get the idea.







Supplies:
stamps-Keep Cozy-TFG & Frosties-LF
vellum-stash
Mod Podge
Fairy dust Glitter-Donna Salazar
Copics
glass votive holder & battery light- Dollar Tree

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh!WOW!! How cool is that candle Lisa..gorgeous, love the snowmen and colouring, so cool all lit up. I love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love those cute snowmen.
I hope the remaining couple of days at work passes quickly for you.

hugs Sue

Denice said...

This turned out super cute...but who doesn't love a frosty snowman flickering by candlelight?!! A perfect gift for anyone?!
:Dxx

Mary J said...

These are so cool, Lisa! So warm and cute!

Danni said...

Very cute and creative!

Amanda R said...

Adorable Lisa, I have never tried this as I can't burn candles with Joe's allergies but I am sure you friend will love it. Hope everyone feels better and you have a great Christmas and wonderful vacation!

Amy said...

This is super cute Lisa and a wonderful gift! Sorry to hear Jerry and the M&M's are getting colds, that's no fun! Take care!