Followers

Monday, July 2, 2012

You're the best...

Hello there!
     I know it is hard to believe, but I actually have another card to share with you today.  Mini 'yay' for me.  lol... I actually have a little story to go with this card. 
     On Friday we surprised the M&Ms and took them to see the Disney/Pixar movie 'Brave'.  We had such a great time and we all left wanting to turn right back around and watch it again.  I think all four of us didn't shut up for at least an hour afterwards.  lol... We are all very silly together.  I won't lie and say it bothers me as I know we have a great bond with these two awesome humans that God has given to us to share.  :O) 
     OK, I don't want to spoil it for any of you that want to see it and haven't gone yet, so I won't say anything.   I will say however that Merida (the main character) is very very spirited and she has the coolest red hair.  All I could think of while I enjoyed this movie was just how much I wanted to go home and color with my Copics.  lol.... If you see the movie you'll know why.  They do such a great job of making her hair just come to life.
     So when we got home I checked my stash of stamps and didn't really find anyone that I felt came close to Merida so I headed over to Tiddly Inks and found the digi - Girls Best Friend.  As you can see her hair is super curly which made it easy to pick this cutie as my stamp. 
     I knew she wasn't going to come out looking just like Merida, but her curly hair helped me to get what I wanted/needed after such a fun movie.  When I started this card I really didn't have any kind of card in mind, but then I thought it would make a great card to give to a friend or as a thank you card.  I used some of the these gems that one of my co-workers was nice enough to  pick up for me when she went shopping last weekend.  I gave her a budget that I wanted to spend and she did a great job of getting my a ton of bling swirls within my price range.  :O)  Made me a very happy girl and gave me a great excuse to make a special binder just to add them to my stash.  lol... They are too long to put in the house of gems.  I have some pictures to share if your interested.  I have been in an oranizing mood lately and this fell right into that catagory.  hee hee  
     Ok guys, I'll stop babbling... If you love Pixar movies and you haven't seen this movie I say "SEE IT, SEE IT NOW!"  it's very cute and a very very good family movie.  So that's all for me today. I will talk at you more tomorrow. Until then, have a wonderful day... 
Hugs, Lisa


First time I have ever used my Ribbon Banners from Spellbinders!  Love it!

Actually used the stitching stamp that I just had to have...
As you all know I don't usually color animals, but I have to say
that I am really happy with how this little guy turned out.  Maybe
there is hope for me yet. lol...


Supplies:
stamps-Girls Best Friend-Tiddly Inks, Sew Artsy-Hero Arts-clear stamps
cs-Neenah & Enchanted Evening-PTI
dp-Times & Seasons-ep  (Love this paper!)
computer font front & inside of card-Bradley Hand ITC @ 20&26
gem swirls-Zva crations.com
Spellbinders-Ribbon Banners
inks-Memento-London Fog, Bamboo Leaves & Desert Sand
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-E93
hair-YR14-YR18-E09
shirt & hair ribbon-G43-G20
jeans-B97-B91
Dog-W0-W1-W2-W5-E43-W6-W8

3 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

just beautiful so pretty
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have 1000 follower candy if you are interested :)

Rachel Parys said...

We're going Friday!!! I can't wait! I would've have seen it last week, but I just had to see Madagascar 3, first. (it was hilarious!)

Great image to mimic her hair on! She is adorable! Isn't it crazy how something can send us into a coloring frenzy! Ha! Right in the middle of a movie, too! LOL! Too funny!

Amanda R said...

I soooo want to see that movie but it wasn't out when we went the last time, glad to hear you enjoyed it! You did a fantastic job on her hair too, love that bright but deep red, really pretty. Wish mine was that color!