Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Month Full of Birthdays...

Hi guys.
     Wow, it feels like I haven't been on my blog in forever.  I have been missing my creative outlet, but work and life just seems to be steamrolling me lately.  I did however get a good start on all the Birthday cards that I need to make for Family and Friends this month.  I have three Sisters-in-law and two friends all with birthdays in May,  and I am quickly running out of time.  That of course is not even mentioning that Mother's Day is this coming weekend.  lol..  I won't be showing that card anytime soon as my Mom tends to read my blog and she doesn't get to have a sneak peak.  Aren't I just mean?  lol
     So, because my computer took over two hours to finally decide to play nice and load my pictures tonight I am going to get right to today's card. 
     I decided to start with one of  Birthday cards that I made today.  You might recognize this stamp as it is the one I used for my Easter card for my friend's Granddaughter. (see post here)  I LOVE this stamp and I really wanted to give her hair another go with a different color, So I printed her out a little bigger as I wanted her to be the center of the card and then I colored her up and fussy cut her out in order to give her the look of a teenager just sitting around enjoying herself.  I even decided to add a little extra to her shoes as I wanted them to look more like tennis shoes instead of boots.  Her eyes as always are one of my favorite things to color and when I was happy with them I added a little more ink to her eyelashes to give her the look of some very tasteful mascara that she applied.  I really love how she turned out.  I even added a little gloss on her lips, but I didn't do that until after I had taken her picture. (Wasn't going to push my luck with the computer and try to upload a whole new set of pictures!) Sorry...
     As you can see I am using some of my new goodies I purchased last week on our shopping trip.  I really love these little gems by K&Company.  I think the little jewel with the flower design is just adorable.  I wish I had purchased of couple packs of each color set.  Oh well, I just have more to put of my list for next year.  lol...
     Well guys,  I hope you all have a great Monday.  I am going to head for bed as my oldest M is sick with a cold and I need to get him back into bed so that he can get some rest and be able to go to school in the morning.  My youngest of course is still up and waiting for me to head to bed before she will shut off her light and stop reading.  She is very much like I was at that age.  lol... I always stayed up with my Mom and still got up and went to school without any problem.  :O)   If only mine would get up as well as I did for school it wouldn't both the rest of us as much.  lol... We just don't look her directly in the eyes until after her shower and her breakfast.  Then she will begin to talk to us in the mornings. 
    Ok guys, I better get a move on.   Have a great day and I will talk at you all tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G




Don't you just love her sweet little face?  I love it and I love her
eyes and her hair. So fun to color!



 Supplies:
stamps-Duck duck, goose-Saturated Canary -Krista Smith , Happy Chef & Lucky Bunnies-TGF
cs-Neenah , AC Cardstock & The Paper Studio
dp-Country Garden Collection-BoBunny
inks-Tuxedo Black, New Sprout-Memento & Graphite black-Brilliance
gems-K&Co.
extra fine-poster paint pen-Sharpie
Glossy Accents-Ranger
cream seam binding-Talking twine & trim
Copics:
skin-E50-E51-E53-E95-R20
eyes-YG91-YG93-YG95-YG97
lips-R20
hair-Y32-Y35-Y38-E31-YR14
shirt,bow & shoes-B91-YG61-C0-C1
pants-YR30-YR31


6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Lisa...just gorgeous,love the image and beautiful colouring, love the bow too..fabulous card....take care...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel Parys said...

She is very sweet! Love the soft colors. Great card!!!

Amanda R said...

Love the eyes, you always color the eyes so great! And Lisa, I live 5 minutes away from Michaels so if ever you want some more jewels/pearls etc you just let me know!

Danni said...

Wonderful card! Love the image! and I agree with Amanda, love the eyes!! You rock!

Mel said...

So beautiful, sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Oozak's challenge.

Amy said...

This is super cute Lisa, love the soft yellow and blue you've used for the card! Your coloring is just amazing, she looks so sweet and fabulous!
I can't believe how fast the year is going by, I keep waiting for a slow down to catch my breath...but I don't think it is going to happen any time soon! Oh well, as Dory would say, "Just keep swimming." :)