Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day...

Good morning everyone. 
     I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend.  I wanted to stop in today and wish all you Moms and Moms to be a very Happy Mother's Day.  We have been stuck in our house since Wednesday as that is when we found out that both the M&Ms have once again been exposed to Whooping Cough and when I came home from work they both had fevers of 100 or more so we took them back up to my work to get them checked out.  They did the tests and because they take at least five days to get the results we all had to start on z-packs and stay home until further notice.  They are both coughing and having other issues, so both Jerry and I have been very busy (at home only) since Thursday morning.  As you all know both my kids have been fully immunized and we were assured that this was most unlikely to happen let alone two times in two years.  I am hoping we'll hear back by tomorrow so that we all can get back to school and work.
     The only reason I even mention this is because we are not allowed to leave our house as a precaution that also means that I won't be able to head up to my Mom and Dad's house to spend Mother's day with them.  
     I did however get my Mom's card made for her and because I didn't get it out in the mail yet I am going to share it today with all of you and my Mom (of course, lol).  So, I hope you all have a  Happy Mother's Day! 
     When I was in High School I took flora culture and I had a great time competing and winning blue ribbons for my floral designs.  Well, while I was using this adorable Prima flower that Susanna sent to me with my last order from her shop I thought it would be really fun to make the front of my card look like one of my arrangements.  I am very very happy with how this turned out and I love the brown and pink color combo.  Hope you like it Mom and I will be sure to get it to you just as soon as I can.  Love you!  Thanks for being such a great Mom and teaching me that it is a good thing to be creative. 
     Ok guys, I am heading to bed with the hopes of getting to sleep for at least four straight hours.  Sick kids and a sick Husband do not make for restful nights of sleep.  Wish me luck.  lol..
     Talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs,  Lisa G





Notice the cute little puppy?  I have been saving this to use for
my Mom as she loves her dogs and I thought this was just too cute!



supplies:
cs-Dark Chocolate-PTI  & The Paper Studio
dp-Dear Lizzy-Neopolitan-American Crafts
pearl & gem flourishes-Prima
beaded trim - from Mercy  Thank You!
rub-ons- sentiments-making Memories
crate paper flower-Prima-from Susana-Thank You!
Spellbinders-Lacey circles
grossgrain ribbon-details & Accessories
rubons-Chocolate Sweetie-Brush Mtg

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh! you poor things...all of you, I do hope you all get well soon...and thank you so much for the mother day wishes Lisa, and feel silly saying it back to you, but when you are all well, you can have your own special Mothers day...Gorgeous card sweetie, love the pink and brown, and the gems are so pretty, and the flower too..gorgeous card, your Mum will love it...take care...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel Parys said...

Wow, that really stinks! I hope your kiddos are feeling better soon! It's so hard to have sick kids!

Your Mother's day card is gorgeous!!! I love the little puppy in the center, he's very sweet!

Try to have a good Mother's day! Maybe you can have a "do-over" next weekend!!

Angela said...

Happy Mother's Day Lisa. This is so beautiful. I hope your kids get better soon and that it's not the Whooping Cough. I hope you still had great Mother's Day with Jerry and the kids. Hopefully you will get to visit your parents next weekend and celebrate Mother's Day with her. I have been the worst blogging friend ever here lately. Things have been so crazy in my life and house for the past 3 months. Destiny just had her Prom on Saturday night and I posted a few pics on my blog that were taken with her phone as I can't get the pic's to load from her camera. I hope to share more later. She graduates on June 2, OMG I am freaking out.. I can't believe she has grown up so fast!!! I want my little curly blonde headed baby back!!!!!
I will have to stop back by soon and look and read about all the things I have missed, because I know I have missed a bunch.
Happy Mother's Day again!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL work Lisa, Hope everyone is feeling better. Happy Mother's Day!!

Denice said...

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day! What a beautiful card...the flower arrangement works nicely!

Sorry to hear you've been quarantineed to the house, hope all are feeling beeter soon!

:Dxx

Amanda R said...

So sorry about missing seeing your parents but your card is so elegant, hope your mom enjoys it although I am sure she would have preferred to see you instead! Gorgeous pearls and flower, really nicely done Lisa!

Amy said...

Sorry to hear that you were stuck at home for so long but it sure looks like you were quite productive during that time!

This is a really beautiful Mother's Day card and I can totally see the influence of your floral arranging in its design... love it!