Followers

Friday, March 2, 2012

TGF SCS Saturday Sketch #6

Hi guys,
     I know it is a huge shock, but I was actually able to post each day this week.  I am getting my mojo back and having a renewed love  for my Copics and making cards.  lol... I'm not sure what my deal has been lately, but I am sure am glad that it is back and that it feels so good to be creating once again.  I think that maybe my Nook that Jerry and the M&Ms bought me for Christmas has been part of the reason for my lack of interest as I have already read 4 complete books since Christmas day.  lol... I have always been a reader, but this just makes it all the more fun as when I'm done with one book all I have to do is start the next and I don't have to lug anything big with me to work or wherever.
     Ok, enough about me and my issues.  lol..  Today is already our TGF/SCS Saturday Sketch #6 and I have to admit that this is the very first one that I have had the time to play along with them.  This is one of Margie's sketches and at first I was going to do what I always do and copy it to the letter. 
     However  when I decided to use my new 'Shimmer Bean' she kind of reminded me of a fairy that loves to swim and just about do anything in the water, including playing with some of her best friends the very colorful fish.  So I grabbed another one of my 6x6 pads that I bought last summer and fussy cut out the wave and some of the fish to use as my boarder on my main image which is Shimmer Bean. Because Shimmer loves the water and all her little fish friends she is able to bring them flowers to help them get in the mood for Spring.  lol.. Of course she wanted to look her best for the visit so she had me put some glitter in her beautiful hair so that it would shine for her friends.
     I even added some of my Enamel accents to look like fish bubbles while they are all having such a great time in the sea. :O)
     As you can tell I really had a great time on this card and on stretching way out of my comfort zone on this one.  I mean she even has purple hair.  lol...
     Ok guys, I am going to bed so that I can get up early and get some of DT cards made for this coming week.  I will see you Sunday when the Paw Paw Razzi is out and about once again.







Have a great day.
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamp-Shimmer Bean-TGF
cs-Neenah & Bazzil
dp-Beach Babe-fancypantsdesignes.com
Enamel accents-White-Ranger
Stickles-Diamond-Ranger
Memento inks-Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky & Desert Sand
Copic Markers:
skin-E51-E50-R20
eyes-E29
hair-BV29-BV25-BV34-BV18
flowers-YR07-RV17-BV13
swimsuit & wings-B14-B16-RV17

4 comments:

Mercy's Pages said...

OMGosh!!! I LOVE this stamp!!! It is adorable and the way your colored her is sooooo beautiful. love it all!!!

Amy said...

Oh, Lisa this is so sweet and I love how you see Shimmer Bean! The waves and her fishy friends are a fab accent and the bubbles are too clever! I know what you mean about reading, I don't do as much as I use to but I think sometimes you just have to make time for it too! :)

Amanda R said...

So sweet Lisa! You have been busy, I need to check everything out. Really like how you used the scrolls, they remind me of waves. Hugs!

Rachel Parys said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the fishes too! These little girls are so cute. I think I will have to ink mine up today too! I love how she sparkles!!!!