Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Monday Fun Day - Black/White Challenge





Good morning everyone.
      I hope that you have all had a great weekend.  Ours was pretty darn good. When I got home from work on Friday it was still sunny and very nice temperature wise, so even though my back had been pinching all day at work I decided a walk just might help.  We had a great time and ended up walking our short route twice.  lol... Everyone had their  iPods and we were really ready to enjoy the early and ever changing spring weather.  lol... All in all we had a great weekend, and I hope that you all did too.  :O)
     I am going to get right to my card as I do work a full week this week and I really need to budget my time wisely.  So with that being said let's get to it.  It is once again Monday Fun Day over on the Farm Fresh challenge Blog and Sharette has come up with the idea of Black/White.  At first I thought that I was going to color up a Miss Anya and fuzzy cut her an outfit to go with the black/white theme.  However once I really got to thinking about what I wanted to do I decided to make a card using some of my Greeting Farm stamps, but not coloring anything.  After all not everyone has Copics or colored pencils, and I think it is kind of cool to see that you don't really need to make a major investment in spendy pens or pencils to have fun and make a great card.  With Sharette's challenge being about black and white I knew right away that I had to use my Little Black Dress paper pad from Basic Grey.  I mean come on that is just perfect right?  lol ....  So I pulled out my Tea-rrific stamp set and used a couple of different lace trims to add a little flair along with some pearls and Ta Da!   Instant
card that took me all of about 15 minutes from start to finish.  I know it is not exactly black and white, more like black and cream but I love how it turned out anyway.  lol...I had a great time with this one and I can not wait to see what everyone comes up with. 
     Thanks for stopping by and I will talk at you all tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G

supplies:
stamps-Tea-rrific-TGF
inks-Memento-Tuxedo Black & Brilliance-Graphite Black
cs-Neenah & AC Cardstock
dp-little black dress-BG
sheer ribbon-details & Accessories
pearls-e.line-Prima
Spellbinders-standard circles small & petite scalloped circles large

3 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

That is so pretty and classy Lisa! This black and white challenge might be just what I need to make a card for my nephew!

Amy said...

Black and white always looks so classy and elegant and that describes your card perfectly Lisa! It's so pretty!
Our weekend was beautiful too, I even got outside to start cleaning up the yard getting ready for all the flowers and then what do I wake up to Monday morning...SNOW! It snowed all day and everything is covered by four inches of snow! At least today is sunny and nice, helping to melt it all again!
Hope you are having a great start to your week! :)

Amanda R said...

This is so elegant and I love anything with tea cups on it. Hope your back is feeling better!