Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Friends are the Flowers Part 2...



 Happy Halfway Day!
     Can you tell that life is starting to get back to the normal flow of a new year?  Then M&Ms are back to school today and I am thinking about the fact that I will be able to pick them up after school come Thursday.  lol....  I love getting back into our groove.  I know at times it seems to drag on, but really we are very fortunate to have each other and enjoy each other so much.  lol...
     So, getting to today's card I actual have a very different card that was made from the very same paper pad and sentiment stamp that I used yesterday.  I was originally going to use this card to put Madden on when it took a turn towards being more oriental looking than what I wanted from Madden's card.  I put it aside and put together a different card.  Then I went into my stash of awesome Greeting Farm stamps and came out with  Geisha Anya.  I don't usually color a lot of black hair, but I do have to admit that I am really pleased with how she came together.  I had a great time putting the little flowers that I pulled apart and put on the papers along with the little gems.  I am not sure why, but I really really love the feel of this one.  lol....
     Because I liked how it turned out I figured it was the perfect time to show how even with limited supplies you can make two very different looking cards.  I hope you all have a great day.   I am off to
get the M&Ms up and going.  Wish us luck.  lol....  Talk at you all tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G




Supplies:
stamps-Geisha Anya-TGF & sentiment-indadinkado
cs-Neenah & the Paper studio
dp-Summer's End-fancypantsdo
paper flowers-Celebrations-petaloo
gems-stash
Momento Inks-Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Tangelo & Summer Sky
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-R20
hair-100-C9-C7
kimono-BG11-BG13-BG15-YR16-YR14

8 comments:

Larisa said...

She is so pretty! Love your gentle colouring!!!

Danni said...

I love this card!! So very beautiful and it has a peaceful feeling...LOVE it!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Lisa, her hair is awesome, very clever, I cannot do black hair at all..very pretty card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amy said...

Wow, this is amazing Lisa! Geisha Anya looks so beautiful and her hair is fabulous! The papers are perfect for her, hard to believe it's from the same paper pad as Madden's card!
Glad you are enjoying your week and getting back into your groove! :)

~*Joni said...

Oh Lisa! Geisha Anya is just gorgeous! I love the scenery you created around her, she is just so serene and tranquil in her garden. Beautiful hair accents too! LOVE it! Have a great almost the weekend day! :)

Mercy's Pages said...

I soooooooo LOVE this card!!!!!!! Fabulous!! :)

Amanda R said...

I think this is one of my fav cards from you Lisa. Love those little flowers and the fact you repurposed them is great!

SuiLan said...

I love this color combination! It looks great together! Gorgeous card!