Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Monday Fun Day of 2012.... A Color Combo!






















 Good morning all, and a very Happy New Year to you as well. 
     No, I did not fall off the face of the earth.   I have just had the best week off with Jerry and the M&Ms.  We had planned to visit relatives but unfortunately everyone ended up being sick.  That's ok however as we still had a great time enjoying each other and just spending a few days doing what we wanted to do and not follow a schedule.  lol....  There is a part of me that is ready to head back to work, but there is a bigger part of me that would spend every day home with my family.  I just love it. 
     So, now that the holidays are behind us all I am looking forward to making the most out of the new year.  I don't tend to make resolutions as it can make you feel like you failed instead  I  just go with it each day and try to get to the goals that we set up for ourselves.  lol....
     So as you all know it is Monday and that means it's Monday Fun Day over on the Farm Fresh Challenge blog.  Joni has come up with a color combo challenge.  Her idea is to use Blue and White along with one other color for your card.  As you can see I kind of stretched the white a bit and went more with some white and a little more of a cream.  I wanted to try out a new color combo for Anya's hair that Cheryl had posted here.  I love trying out new combos that others come up with. You need to check out Cheryl's blog as I think you will agree that this is a great blond combo. 
     We recently got a ' Big Lots' in our little town, but they have only a half of an aisle of scrapbooking products and really all it has been is cardstock like our Walmart has.  :O(  Well,  they finally got in a couple rubber stamps so I decided to use Birthday Anya and make it look like she is giving out boxes of Valentine chocolates to her Teachers as well as her Mom. :O)     The sentiment stamp and the heart stamp are both from 'Big Lots'  and I had so much fun cutting them out and using my glossy accents to make them look like a heart shaped box of chocolates.  Of course you can't go wrong with the chocolate sentiment, so put together with the 'Love Me'  paper pad from MME I came up with a quick Valentine's Day card.  (I know it's early, but I love making Valentines cards.)
     So as I am back to work tomorrow I will bid you all a good night and talk at you tomorrow.  I have a couple of cards that I had so much fun working on this weekend and I can't wait to share them with you.  I think my mojo has come back.  I have to admit that I am happy to NOT be making anymore Christmas cards at this point. lol.... 
Be sure to head over to the Farm Fresh Challenge blog and see all the wonderfulness that the rest of the DT ladies have done with this one.  I know you are going to love it.  So head on over and join us this week for yet another great Monday Fun Day. 
     Have a super Monday everyone.   Happy New Years, and Happy Crafting!
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamps-Birthday Anya II-TGF & sentiment & heart-Inkadinkado
cs-Neenah & pure poppy-PTI
dp-Love Me-MME
gems & ribbon- stash
rub-ons-be inspired-making Memories
Momento inks-Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk, Lady Bug, Summer Sky & Desert Sand
Copic Markers:
skin-E51-E50-R20
hair-E13-E15-Y21-Y11
dress, tights & shoes-R39-R59-100-B93-B91

7 comments:

My Dollies 3 said...

Lisa, Love the saying on the front of the card. Boy did you hit the nail on the head!!! Love the card and love the hair coloring.
Love ya, Mom

Chrissy said...

Hi! Lisa...gorgeous colouring hun, love her hair, so pretty.Might have to join this challenge as I'm blue mad at the moment.I have a few greeting farm stamps.
I have one more day off, then back to it, so have been making the most of my time getting DT cards made and all ready to go..5 teams I'm on, so that was a task in itself...but 3 ahead for them all..whoo hoo, now have time to play.
Going to be a great year..2012

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amanda R said...

Love that blond hair combo Lisa, it looks great! I am really thinking Valentines Day too so you aren't the only one! Glad you got to enjoy your time off with Jerry and the kids!

Rachel Parys said...

So cute! Her hair looks fabulous, and I love the sentiment! I hope to get some fun stuff done, now that the holidays are over.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Lisa! I looove these papers! and your coloring is beautiful!

Happy New Year :)
hugs, margie

Amy said...

This is super cute Lisa, love how you've made birthday Anya ready for Valentine's day...the box of chocolates looks so real! LOL, the sentiment is too fun, totally fabulous card!
Glad you enjoyed your time off with your family! :)

faithnme said...

Hi Lisa.. Love the colors for this layout.. Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year..
Thank you for stopping by. You are soo Sweet.. Now as for my "pencils".. hehehe I am "sad" to say that I don't own ANY copics (NOT REALLY!!) I started out coloring with a few colored pencils andTthen I discovered my Prisma Pencils and have love them ever since. I have thought often about Copics.. But until I can really afford them I will continue to "master my pencils. :0)

Thank You. I laughed when I read your comment.. as my kids say " It's All Good!!"

Hugs