Followers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Merry Christmas - FFF Challenge blog, Joni's CASE

Hi everyone. 
     I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.  We had a great day, but we didn't have turkey or stuffing as our stove has an element that is out and we still have one more week before the part gets here.  That's ok, we'll make up for it come Christmas.  lol...
     So if your looking for a fun crafty idea this week you should head over to  the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog today. You will see that Joni has picked a great book card that Nancy Cappelen made. So today for our Friday Spy-Day we are going to CASE it.   At first I wasn't too sure what I was going to do.  I was going to make a card and put some kind of tag on it or in it, and so I pulled out a piece of heavy weight chipboard that  needed to be cut down.  That is when it hit me that this was big enough to make an awesome door hanger with.   I wanted it to be easy to really use and yet look somewhat perfectly made.  (I know, I am weird and OCD all in one) So I pulled out my oval Nestability and used it to cut the hole for the door knob.  I then went about adding all the little details to the front.  By the time I got around to taking my pictures I had decided that I wanted to give it to my Brother and his Family as they will be here from out of town tomorrow, and I thought that would be something of a little get together kind of gift to give them.  I didn't want to leave the back of it unfinished, so I pulled out some PTI paper and cut it to size.  Added one of the Merry Tags from a TGF set that was sold last year and put it together.   I am so happy with how this turned out.  I can't wait to get off work so that I can head up to see them at my Mom and Dad's and give them my little Holiday/Season's Greetings kind of gift. lol...






Lucy helping me to take a
picture of it hanging on the door knob.
I just couldn't help it, I had to
share this with you.  lol...


     So if you haven't already be sure to head over and see what the rest of the DT has come up with.  I am sure you will get loads of inspiration from all of them.  If you don't want to head that way here is a list of everyone.
                            Margie
                            Joni
                            Sharette
                            April

     Ok guys,  I am heading off to bed.  I hope you all have a great Friday.   If you are crazy enough to head out to any of the Black Friday Sales drive safe and please remember that those of us that can't or simple don't want to do it love to see your haul videos afterwards.  lol...
Talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G
Nancy's Great Tag/Book Card



Supplies:
stamps-Cheeky Chat & Merry Tags-TGF
Big Christmas Wishes-AmyR-ATS
cs-Neenah & scarlet jewel-PTI
dp-be Merry-MME
Spellbinders-classic ovals-lrg, classic circles-sm & ribbon tags trio
hollies & date circle- embossed stickers-WeR Memory Keepers
gold swirls- hooks-Elegance Collection
fibers & ribbon-stash
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E000-R20
hair-YR20-YR21-YR23-E33 (Amy's combo)
eyes-YG99-YG95-YG93
shirt & barrettes-R37-R35-YG95-YG93
pants & boots-BG05-BG45-E27-E25
phone-R85-R81-E41-E81
floor-W3-W1

6 comments:

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Hi,love your cute creation!
hugs
Doreen

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is DARLING Lisa!!

Rachel Parys said...

OMG! You always have the best altering ideas! Love the boots, so clever! Glad everything turned out ok with your blog. (scary)

mousekemom said...

Lisa, what a fun and festive door hanger! I love the papers and the great use of Cheeky Chat!

Amanda R said...

What a great idea Lisa! I hope they loved it and appreciated all the work you put into it. And I am weird and OCD too, guess that is why we get along so well!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This is just TOO cute! I love it!
So sorry that you had probs with you blog, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago - I had to go through google and reset my passwords, weird, lol!
hugs to you! margie