Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life is beautiful...









Hi guys.
     I hope that you are all having a great week so far.  I have unfortunately be home sick the last two days.  I am feeling better this morning, however I just wish that I would stop going from cold to hot in less that 10 minutes.  lol...  Oh well, just happy that my throat isn't sore anymore.  I can finally swallow again.  I can't believe I am typing this, but I am actually tired of ice cream.  Yes, Jerry has been kind enough to be giving me chicken broth and ice cream for the last two days.  No, not pregnant just didn't feel good enough to eat anything else. 
     Anyway I am off to work this morning so let me get right to it.   On Saturday after we got home from our walk, and before I really started to feel crappy I pulled out Lula and Leslie from The Greeting Farm and made up a quick Fall-ish card for a friend of mine that love Owls.  I had gotten this new paper pad from WeR Memory Keepers and didn't realize that some of the awesome papers in the pad actually has these sweet little owls.  I wanted her to look like she is ready for the cool weather that is coming, so I paper pieced her shirt and gave her a matching headband. (Just cause it's fall doesn't mean you don't want to be stylish.)  I also doubled up on my sheer ribbon so that it would look a little darker and really add to that fall look.  I hope that she enjoys her card as much as I did when I made it. 
     Thanks everyone for wishing me well.  Just a cold that I knew was coming as both the M&Ms have had it the last two weeks.  I do have to tell you how proud I am of them because they did not miss one day of school over it.  I miss be getting weak in my old age as I just could not get up and about. lol.. I hope that you all have a great day.  Talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G
 
Supplies:
stamps-CC Lula & CC Leslie-TGF
cs-Neenah, the paper studio-Kraft
dp-Autumn Splendor-WeR Memory Keepers
fluid chalk-creamy brown-ColorBox
sheer ribbon-details & Accessories
gems-e.line-Prima
Copic Markers:
skin-E53-E51-E50-R20-R00
hair-YR0000-YR24-Y23-Y32
eyes-BV29-BV23-BV20
undershirt-YG93-YG91
jeans-BG70-BG10
shoes-E44-C9-C7

10 comments:

Emma said...

I'm glad to hear that your feeling better today Lisa! Sucks to be so sick that you just can't get out of bed. I reckon there has been some strong colds going around, cause my place has has it over the last couple of months and they haave been really hard to shake off, Bring on Summer I say!

Love your card! The body swap thing looks sooo cool and I love how you gave her a matching headband, Gorgeous Chickie! Hope you get some time to create over the next few days!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Lisa~
I'm glad you are feeling better, it is ugly to be under the weather..I finally have you now on my right side of the bar, I kinda lost you until I hopped over Kim's blog and found you again...And I also am your newest folllower....Back to you card - love it, great owl papers in the bg and your paper piecing is awesome.. love all the fantastic color choices....

Leanne said...

So happy to hear your on the mend. Yes it sux to be sick, all you want to do is curl up and sleep huh? Your M&Ms sound like me when I was their age. I guess I just didn't want to miss school even if I was sick. hahaha.. Had to get that perfect attendance award!! lol!
Ur friend is so lucky to get that awesome card. And look at you swapping it up. Gr8 job with the whole layout and I definitely can feel a nip in the air, guess fall is just around the corner. ;)
Have a gr8 day!

Creations by Shirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Lisa~
Ooh how strange I left a message under Emma's comment and it disappeared.... Did it get thrashed out by someone?
Okay so I will leave another message and hopefully it doesn't get tossed out again..... Hummmmmmm!
Love your image and how you paper pieced her outfit..... Great colors and unique detailing... Such a fab card!

Amanda R said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! She looks so bright and happy with that blond hair! So glad you are feeling better, gettin older isn't any fun is it?

♥Rach♥ said...

What totally fab altering, I love the combo of characters you picked and this is such a great fall card! Glad you are getting better, so sorry you were so ill :0(

Amy said...

This card is really beautiful Lisa, love the great fall colors and your new dressed for the season Lula, love the headband accessory too, it is quite stylish! Awesome card!
I'm glad you are on the road to recovery, my fingers are crossed that the rest of the season goes by without any more illnesses for you! Take care! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!~

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Love the paper piecing and those fab papers!!