Followers

Friday, August 19, 2011

YOU TAKE THE CAKE...











Good morning everyone. 
     It is officially Friday morning and I still need to get to bed so that I can work in the morning.  You might be wondering why in the world I am up at the moment,  and the answer to that would be that I just got home from seeing my very first Rodeo ever.  OMWord, I am tired but I just can't sleep.  It was fantastic and so much fun to watch all of those people riding horse like they were one in the same.  I would love to be able to do that, but the one time I did ride a horse and she started to trot (Not even gallop or run ) I thought for sure I was going to fall face down on the ground.  lol.... So, I guess I will just have to watch everyone else look so wonderful instead. heehee
     We are in the midst of our County fair this week and today was what our town calls Nickel night at the Rodeo.  It is hosted by the Nickel Saver and the theme for tonight's Rodeo was 'Tough enough to Wear Pink' .  All the cowboys and cowgirls wear pink in honor of The Columbia Basin Cancer Foundation.  We all dressed in pink as well and the first 500 with tickets received Pink T-shirts that say " 'Tough Enough to Wear Pink.'  It is an awesome event each year and it kind of kicks off the fair.  As I said, I have never been to a Rodeo and my friend from work had tickets that her hubby's office has year round boxes to.  He hubby didn't want to go so I was the lucky person she asked to go with her.  I can not tell you how pumped I am for next year.  I am soooo going to take the M&Ms to it.  They had a tribute to all the survivors and all the people that have passed.  They let over 300 pink balloons go while a beautiful song was playing.  I will admit that I had goose bumps and got teary.  They also had a wonderful fireworks display in honor of all our service men and women.  Again with the goose bumps. lol... I LOVED it!!!   I am not sure I will have a voice in the morning, but I sure enjoyed every moment of that Rodeo.  Another big part of today and the whole 'Tough Enough to Wear Pink' is that  the local businesses wear pink as well.  That just so happened to include my work,  and all 7 of us wore our Pink proudly.  lol... Men included....
     So,  everyone is tucked in bed here and I have just one light on by my desk as I type this.  I usually don't have any a lone time as both M&Ms tend to get up early with me and like to chat while I blog surf and get ready in the mornings. lol... This is really weird for me. 
     Ok I guess I had better get on with my card for today.   I made this  last weekend for a friend that out of the clear blue really helped me out and I didn't even know that she new I needed the help.  I had just gotten  my  Twisted Tea digi from The Greeting Farm and I really wanted to color her up and make my friend a thank you card so I did what any smart card maker would do, I simply let Twisted Cake make it work as a Thank You card.  My friend actually loves cupcakes and coffee so I really couldn't have gone wrong with this one.  lol
     Twisted Cake was the last of the cake girls that I needed and I have to confess that I wasn't sure I would like her all that much, but oh my word I loved coloring her in and I love how she turned out.  She truly was the perfect girl for this job. 
     Well guys I think I am rambling, so I am going to try and go back to bed for a couple hours before that alarm clock goes off at 5am.  I hope you all have a FANTASTIC  Friday and I will talk at you tomorrow.  I have a small project that I did for work this week and I still need to share it with you. 
Hugs, Lisa G

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Now thats a little beauty Lisa, lovely colouring and sweet image.
A horse....you wont get me near a horse...they are as scary as a cow...I dont do cows either..lol...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amy said...

Your sentiment makes her work perfectly for your thank you card, such a beautiful card too! She's going to love receiving it!
I've never been to a rodeo, the one they put on in Chelan is nothing like the one you went to!
Hope your Friday is a good one!

PS
I didn't draw my new avator, I went here: http://www.theoddgirl.com/get-chibid/
and ordered it. Kristy draws and colors them then turns them into a computer file or something all ready for you to use! I definitely do not know enough about computers to do something like this! ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

I LOVE her, HAPPY Week-end!!~

Amanda R said...

I don't get along with horses too well either so I know exactly where you are coming from but I love this card! Those colors are so pretty and the pearl embellishments are a beautiful touch. Lucky friend she is!

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO many cute parts to this that I LOVE! The pearls are gorgeous and that DP is perfect. What a sweet cake creation!

Alex said...

This is a fantastic card. I love the colours and the image. Super card. Alex x