Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CELEBRATE YOU...




Good morning all.
    I sure hope that you had a wonderful Monday.  I for one didn't actually get to sit down in my house until well after 9pm last night.  Once I got home from work we wisked the M&Ms off to get haircuts and then we headed to Big5 where we purchased 4 pairs of new running shoes.  I can not tell how fun that was.  We ended up getting the nicest guy that waited on us.  Poor thing ran himself ragged bringing us different pairs of shoes.  I know it is his job, but I can honestly tell you that everyother time we have ever been there we have not been treated very good and this guy was over the top fantastic!  I think he needs to be noticed for being such a sweetheart.  lol...  Anyway, I can not tell you the last time I bought myself a pair of running shoes.  Usually we just purchase the kids theirs for school and Jerry and I tend to just suck it up until ours wear completely out. 
     Ok, I am running behind as you might have noticed so I will get to it.  I really wanted to make a card with my newest Ian from The Greeting Farm.  He is just so cute and there are so many ways you can use him.  I used my awesome friend Amy Young's baby wipe technique to take off his present and then he looks like he is hanging a banner for someone special.  While I was playing around with Ian I decided that this would be a great card to use some of my newest BG buttons on and then I could enter him into the FFF 'Button it Up' challenge over at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog.  So I hope you guys like him.  Ian was so fun to color and I even used some glossy accents to make his banner pop. 
     I also want to welcome Alex as one of my newest followers.  I am glad that joined my blog and that you are enjoying my idea of how to color The Greeting Farm stamps. lol...  Thanks everyone for not running screaming when I go on and on about the M&Ms and the cats.  You are all very sweet and I always look forward to reading all the wonderful comments that you leave for me.  Have a great day everyone.  Talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs,  Lisa G

supplies;
stamp-Birthday Ian-TGF
cs-Neenah & kraft from the Paper Studio
dp-Lost & Found-Portobello Rd-MME
buttons-BG
twine-Cappuccino-The Twinery
pearls-e.line-Prima
fluid chalk-chestnut roan-Colorbox
Copic Markers:
skin-E0000-E000-E00-E11
hair-E50-E51-E53-YR30
shirt-E74-E71
pants-BG18
shoes-W8-W6
sign-E40 & Glossy Accents

5 comments:

AtStudioD said...

I almost bought that stamp this weekend (along with other GF stamps), but I was a good girl!! LOL.

Anyway, great card. Love the colors. I'm hoarding my paper. LOL.

x0, Damaris

Amy said...

Your guy cards are always so fantastic Lisa, love your paper combo and Ian looks great! Those are very cool buttons too!
I always loved the first day of school because everything was new...new clothes, new underclothes, new shoes, and new supplies and it was especially good if we were able to have the big box of crayons! It was heaven to have the 64 box of crayons! :)
Hope you all have a great week, it's suppose to be a hot one here!

Chrissy said...

This is a cute one Lisa, love the papers, and fabulous colouring, thank you so much for your well wishes, I am creeping back to normal, and going back to work today, just light work on a Wednesday morning,will be finished by 1pm,so can come home and play...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

This little guy is on my wish list. Love the buttons you used Lisa.

Denice said...

I'll be back to read and comment on your post but you need to see who the winner of my blog candy was on Sunday...you might be surprised!

:Dx