Followers

Friday, May 20, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ...

Good morning.  Is it me or has this week (thankfully) flown by or what?  I am soooo happy that today is Friday.  Yes, I do have to work all day but I am relieved to say that I have the whole weekend off.  It was so warm and sunny yesterday and I am hoping that we get more tomorrow so that we can get the pool started for the summer.  My plan is to hook up the pump again and super shock it.  Wish us luck that everything (including Jerry) goes as I want it to. lol... 
As I mentioned yesterday I am in the process of getting everyone's May Birthday cards made and ready to send out.  Well today's card is very dear to my heart.  My friend Amy sent me an early Birthday gift with a fantastic card.  She sent me one of her Awesome Sweet November Zodiac girls.  She also made a beautiful card using the same stamp..   So I thought that I would pay it forward and make a similar card with the Pisces stamp and even try to get the depth of the hair that Amy had achieved.  lol...  I think it turned out Ok, but I still have a way to go when it comes to getting the hair down.  lol..  
I love how the papers and the lace made up a sweet little card against Pisces's dark hair.  My friend that I made this for had her Birthday last Friday so she already has her card. She really liked it and I was so happy that she did.  Thanks again Amy for a wonderful Birthday gift. 
Ok everyone have a wonderful Friday.  Talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamps-SNS-Pisces by & from Amy Young
cs-Neenah
dp-Just Chillin Girl collection-Making Memories
pearls-studio His & Hers
computer font
lace-local sewing store
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-R20
hair-E49-E59-E57-E35
eyes-B97-B93-B91
lips-R89-R59



5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh I LOVE her hair FABULOUS!!~

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! I agree, the hair turned out fabulous!

Amanda R said...

I agree, her hair is a gorgeous color and you got some nice shine. Happy Early Birthday by the way in case I forget next week!

Amy said...

You've done a beautiful job coloring Pisces Lisa, especially her hair...she's gorgeous! So glad to see you enjoying your birthday goodies!
Did you get to work on the pool today? It was overcast all day here with a few sprinkles now and then!
Have a great Sunday! :)

Leanne said...

Love it Lisa!! U are rockin' the birthday cards out..