Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

SUNDAYS WITH LUCY...











Good morning everyone.
I hope that you are having a great weekend. I have had the last 3 & 1/2 days off, but it felt like Sunday all day yesterday and I really haven't felt up to snuff this whole weekend. I had so much to do Friday and I just could not get out of bed for most of the day. I will be so happy when the warm/hot weather gets here so that all the cold and flu bugs take a hike. I am really tired of feeling run down. I hate to complain about it, but I am just sick of not feeling good enough to get up and do what I want to do on my days off. Ggggrrr. Grumble, grumble.
Ok, pity party out of the way. I am feeling better this morning and we are getting ready to head to church so I will make this a fast one. I guess Lucy decided that she was having a bad day yesterday as well as she just wasn't her normal spunky little self either. It's always been so cool with her as when I am sick and stay in bed she is generally like a dog. She will lay on the foot of our bed and sleep with me. Well yesterday she wasn't well and so she just wanted to lay in my lap for most of the day (while I tried to get some crafting done) and knead away. It seems that she did adopt me as her Mom as I am the only one of us that she does this to. She will do it when the kids are crying or screaming about something or even when Jerry raises his voice. Jerry says it's because she knows I am Mom and she feels safe with me. I think it's because like the M&Ms I spoil her and I would never yell at her. lol...Yes, I am the softy in this household... Even the cat knows this. heehee...
Lucy did get some playing in yesterday. I was taking a break and trying to clean up my desk a little when Lucy decided to lay on my paper trimmer as usual. I had purchased some clearance underwear for the lace that it had on it. It was a 6 pack for $2 and it had all sorts of different colors of lace. I cut the lace off of all of them to use for projects in the future. You can't get lace like that for such a cheap price so I figured why not. They are brand new and clean so not a bad idea. Anyway, Lucy of course had to play with the lace right after I finished cutting the material off of them. (I didn't really like this color, so I let her play with it for a little while.) She finally got tuckered out and just took a nap. lol...
I also wanted to share with you guys that I received an email from The Greeting Farm this last week. They picked one of my cards to send to them for the 'a Card for a Stamp' program that they have. I am so excited! I had sent them a few of my cards by email before Christmas and I had just decided that they didn't like any of them so I was going to give them away. Boy am I happy that I hadn't gotten around to doing that yet. I am waiting till Monday to see if I win the new Surfer Anya from the blog hop and if not then I think that I will pick her as my stamp. Yay for me!
Well guys, I have talked on forever. I just wanted to fill you in on our week here in the Gobea house. I have been working on a few things for this coming week so I will talk at you tomorrow. Have a great Sunday.
Hugs, Lisa G

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe how hard your family has been hit this past year with the yuckies, I've got my fingers crossed that now that spring is truly here you guys and Lucy will be feeling 100% all the time!
That's so clever to get lace from sale undies...I never thought of that!
And congrats on getting a TGF stamp for your card, that's the best kind of email to get! :)

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Congrats over the TFG... how exciting.Your kitty cat looks very happy playing with your 'undie' lace..lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx