Followers

Friday, January 7, 2011

HI...







Hi everyone. I have to admit that I am super happy today is Friday. :O) This week for some reason has just been a very long and somewhat hard one for me and my family....plahhhhh! I really hate weeks like it. My kid's are actually being bulled by "sixth grades" on the bus ride home from school. Mind you, both my kids are seventh graders and they wouldn't think of being mean or putting these sweet little darlings in there places. (Believe me I have tried to convince them to do it. Yes, I am desperate.) Sooo, I honestly don't know what to do for them. I take them to school every morning, but I am not able to pick them up after school so they are stuck riding the bus. We have gone over the options of talking to the school about the whole thing, but both kids are just terrified to say anything even with Jerry and I at their side. I hate to complain, but I would really appreciate your input on how to handle this situation. I know that we are the parents and should make the decision, but my kids' will be the ones dealing with the outcome and I am concerned as to what to do. I am sure that we will need to talk to the school, but I am trying to come up with something that me kids will feel secure with. Maybe I just needed to vent for a moment.... Better now! :O) So, let me get on with my card for the day.
I was sitting at my desk Wednesday night and I thought about making a Valentine card and then I thought that maybe a winter card. Hhhmmm what to make. Well of course Anya came to my mind and so did my Madison, who has a pink winter vest that she wore to school all last winter and I decided that Fall Anya was just perfect for what I had in mind. She is one of my favorite stamps and I don't have her in rubber yet, but she is one of the first stamps that I ever won so she is super special. Because I have her in digi I enlarged her a little bit and put her on a long card for a change. (I think I have the winter blues. heehee All of a sudden I want a little bit of change. So not like me at all! ) Anyway I used come of my BoBunny paper pad and here she is ready to say "Hi!" If you have made it this far, let say " Thanks so much for letting me go on this morning." We are suppose to have more snow today and I can't wait to see how much. Have a very good Friday and I will talk at you later.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-Fall Anya-digi-TGF & CC Design's sentiment-ATS
cs-white, dark chocolate-PTI & pink-Colorbok
dp-Crazy Love Collection-BoBunny
ribbon-Chatterbox & details & Accessories
button-Mom's sewing room
tag-stash
Copic Markers
skin-E51-E50-R20
hair-Y38-Y35-Y32
jacket,scarf & jeans-R85-R83-E79-E74-E77-B23-B21
boots-E57-E74-C7-C5

4 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

CUTE! Great colors and I love the layering you did on the inside :0)

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

This is super cute Lisa, love how you've colored her and the papers are perfect! Funny how in sync we've been with the papers we've used this week! :)
I'm sorry the M & M's are being bullied, that's terrible! I don't really have any advice for you, I think you're handling it well. I know I never wanted my parents at school, I felt I was better off learning to deal with it myself but there comes a point when it's too much for the kid and the parents need to step in. I was never bullied so my issues really were few and looking back very minor. I wish the bus driver would notice this behavior and put a stop to it, it's so wrong! Hugs to you all!

Amanda R said...

Lovely card Lisa and I would think perhaps you could say something to the bus driver, at least alert her to the problem and maybe she can seperate them or move the troublemakers up front. I don't know if going to the kids parents would help or not.