Followers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

CHRISTMAS JOY...








Hi guys.
I am going to make this a quick post today as I am back to work and I have two kids that are still somewhat sick and we are trying to decide if they are indeed going to school.
We had fog all day yesterday and we are suppose to get hit with a new snow storm tomorrow, so it should be interesting this week. lol...
Ok, I said quick and I am not kidding. So raise your hands if you remember the very cute cardstock frames called "This & That" by My Mind's Eye that came out with in 2002? They had little embellishments on the sheet with the frame that were buttons and then a little something extra. Well the reason I bring this up is because that is what today's card was made out of. I remember that I just had to purchase all of these cute frames and I don't think that I have actually used more than four in all these years. So, in the spirit of using what I have I decided to go for it. I also pulled out some old rub-ons to enhance the greeting on my card as well. The tree on the inside is a rub-on and I did color it with my Copics, but I wanted it to look more like a child's hand drawing.
Well guys, I have to get it together and get going. Oh, by the way....NO we did not get to the tree yesterday. Mitchell woke up with a horrendous cough and a fever, so we just spent a really lazy day on the couch watching movies. I am hoping that they both wake up in better shape.
Have a super great day. Talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-I heart Sweaters-TGF & Winter Sentiments-AmyR-ATS
cs-Neenah classic crest solar white & pure poppy-PTI
picture frame-This & That-In Stitches-Christmas Vine-My Mind's Eye, Inc
rub-on transfer-daisyd's
Copic Markers:
skin-E51-E50-R20
hair-E29-E25-E21
scarf-R29-R27
sweater-YG99-YG93-YG91
jeans-B95-B91
boots-E77-E74
rub-on Xmas tree-YG67-R35-Y38-B29-Y27

3 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

SO cute! Great layout and I love the tree on the inside :0)

Angela said...

Too cute Lisa!! I have alot of stuff from years past that I have never used or finally just gave away, funny it took you 8 years to use them. I hope the kids are feeling better today. I am at work today and Jazmine is home with her big sister as she is running a fever. They are out of school today due to the black ice on roads. It got down to zero here last night. I hate winter!! Too cold for me.
Hugs:)
Angela

Amy said...

OMGoodness I had to have all those frames and matching bits too... think I got them in one big lot from QVC, LOL!
LOVE how you used the sweater looking one with Anya, it's the perfect match and so clever to dress up the sentiment with those rub-ons! BIG pat on the back for using up some of that old stash! ;)
Sorry to hear that the cough and sore throats are still hanging on over there, I really hope you all manage to get better before Christmas, no one wants to spend the holidays being sick. :(
Today was nice here, even had the sun peeking out for most of it and I'm really hoping that we don't get more snow for awhile... we don't need it! Oh and tell Jerry that we don't have any Wendy's here... no fast food chains other than the Subway in Walmart! I tell ya I wish we did though!