Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY...




Good morning all. Happy Thursday to you. This is going to be a quick on as I didn't really like how my card had turned out, so I wasn't going to post it today. Thank you all for your concerns over Lucy(our cat) yesterday. She is home and walking around slowly. Poor baby is still a little groggy, but she is at least wagging her tail for us. We have always called her our dog because she wags her tail when she is happy or when Jerry talks to her. Wow, you would think she was one of our kids the way we are all acting. So thanks again.

Ok, let me get to my not so fabulous card. I don't know if I have mentioned it, but I really love the way that Angela colors the Ching-Chou Kuik stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps. She makes their hair and eyes look soooo real. You can and should check her out at http://inmyquiettime.blogspot.com/ she sure can color....Getting back to my (short) post. So, because I love to stretch myself when it comes to creating I got the wild idea that I had to try some of these stamps. The one I used for my card is ching-chou-kuik's-Purple Woods. The stamp is amazing, and I really do love it. So I cut her out and used her as a Valentine's card. The card was quickly put together last night, and because I colored the stamp over two weeks ago I can not find my list of Copics that I used. Not happy with that. So, sorry I don't have a list of supplies and the pp really is not as elegant as I originally wanted to use with this stamp but here it is. Have a great day everyone. I am off to work. Yay, just today and tomorrow. Then it is play time. I have a big surprise for you on Saturday, so be sure to check back with me. Talk at you later, Lisa

6 comments:

Larisa said...

It is so cute ) I love the lacy heart a lot. Also the cat's eyes are colored so special - I love this ))))

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so gorgeous!!

Amy said...

WOW! I don't know what's not to like about this card Lisa, you are much too hard on yourself! This is GORGEOUS, love how you made a Valentine out of her, very clever!
I love Angela's coloring too, she is an all around awesome lady! I love blog hopping and seeing all the amazing work out there! I think it pushes us to try new things...which is always good!

Angela said...

Lisa, I think is just beautiful!!!!! I agree with Amy!! YOU ARE WAY TOO HARD ON YOURSELF!! So stop and take another look at her!! Her eyes are colored beautifully along with the cats!!
And I love that you cut her out and used her as a valentine card!! Oh and that lacey dollie heart( not for sure what it is called)really makes this card!! And with this card it is all about the beautiful image!! My eyes are more on her than any thing else on the card!!
Thank you Lisa for your wonderful comments on your blog!! But, I too am my worst critic!! You can ask my Daughter!! She gets so tired of me asking her does this look okay or should I use this or this!!
Lisa I hope to see more of your creations with these images!!
P.S. Later tonight or in the morning check back on my blog as I will have a card to show with tone of the newest images and some news to share also!!
Thanks Lisa!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Anonymous said...

Wow so gorgeous and romantic !!! I really love the doily heart !!!
No soucy your card is really amazing :)
Hugs
Mag :)

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Lisa
x